Ever wondered How to make Bluetooth Speaker discoverable? Now, don’t bother as this article will unveil methods to make the Bluetooth speakers discoverable or able to connect with other devices.
Bluetooth speakers are generally smaller in size and are easily portable. Their strength lies in the audio quality and if you’re one of those looking forward to an amazing sound listening experience, you really must consider this, or else it would be a pity. These Bluetooth speakers can be used by connecting with other devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, or TV.
However, there is a lot of confusion over the process of Bluetooth speaker discovery. It is often assumed to be a pain because it may seem complicated and only available to tech-savvy people. The reason is although we easily discover the Bluetooth device it’s not easy to discover a nearby Bluetooth device if we don’t know the specific procedure.
Here, I will provide you with the different methods of making your Bluetooth speaker discoverable for nearby devices.
Making Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable: Easy Approach
Your Bluetooth speaker is paired with your phone. You tap the play button and… nothing. What could be wrong? Maybe you’ve forgotten how to connect a Bluetooth device? This scenario is most likely to happen if you’ve just bought the Bluetooth speaker. It’s quite a common mistake.
Now, what’s the solution to this? It’s simple. All you need to do is tap the connection icon located at the top left corner of your phone. This way, your Bluetooth speaker will automatically connect to your mobile device.
If you still have the issue then a quick look at the list of connected devices will tell you that your Bluetooth speaker is not discoverable. The issue may be related to your Bluetooth connection settings. Here are some steps to follow to solve the issue of your Bluetooth speaker not being discoverable.
- Open the Settings app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap on “Bluetooth”. On the other hand, press and hold the Bluetooth button on your Bluetooth Speaker.
- Find your Bluetooth device under “Devices” on your phone. Release the Bluetooth button on your Bluetooth speaker when you hear the little “pinging” sound. Wao! It’s discoverable.
- However, if it’s not listed there, you need to make your Bluetooth device discoverable. Tap on it and then, in the menu that appears, tap on the “Make Discoverable” option. Your Bluetooth speaker will now be discoverable and you can connect it to another device easily. This makes your Bluetooth speaker discoverable.
What If my Bluetooth Speaker is not Discoverable?
Almost every Bluetooth-enabled device is discoverable by default. And, if it’s not discoverable, it means there is some sort of problem with the device and it needs to be fixed. You should read further and find out how to solve this problem.
Method 1. Unpair your Bluetooth speaker
The first step is to unpair your Bluetooth speaker from your device. There is a simple trick you can try to unpair your speaker.
Always remember this trick when you don’t know the cause of the problem. This trick is simple. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the main menu of your Bluetooth device. Now select the option for “Settings”. You will see the name of the device you are currently using along with other Bluetooth devices paired with your device. If your Bluetooth speaker is listed there, simply click on its name. This will unpair your current connection between your mobile device and your Bluetooth speaker. You will now hear a short beep sound which means your Bluetooth speaker is now unpaired.
If this trick doesn’t work, then try the other method.
Method 2. Try pairing again
After trying the first trick, if it didn’t work then try pairing your Bluetooth speaker again. Sometimes, even though the Bluetooth connection appears to be successful, there may be an issue with your Bluetooth settings.
Since you already have a good connection with your Bluetooth speaker, try to pair it again. If that doesn’t work, try changing the pairing mode. In my case, it was a simple matter of selecting the “Advanced Pairing” option. After that, I was able to pair my Bluetooth speaker with no problem.
Method 3. Update or Restart your phone and Bluetooth software
Sometimes, a simple factory reset is all that is needed to fix the problem. This is usually the case when there is an unexpected software update causing issues with the Bluetooth device. To perform a factory reset on your device, you need to do the following:
- Press and hold the “Home” button and the “Power” button at the same time. Your phone will now go into “Safe Mode”. Press and hold the “Volume Down” button while pressing and holding the “Power” button. Your phone will now display a “Restart” screen. Certainly do this! It will solve the problem. Your phone will now restart and then load the home screen. The Bluetooth software is now updated.
Method 4. Update or Restart your Bluetooth speaker
Sometimes, the issue may be with the Bluetooth speaker itself. If that is the case, then you may have to try restarting your Bluetooth speaker. To perform this, you need to do the following:
- Remove the battery from your Bluetooth speaker for about 15-minutes. Charge the battery and put it back.
- Case 1: Turn on your speaker and press the “Power” button once. Your Bluetooth speaker will now display the “Settings” option. Select the “Bluetooth Settings” option. Now scroll down and select the “Reset” option. Your Bluetooth speaker will now restart and start working properly.
- Case 2: Press and hold the “Home” button and the “Power” button at the same time. Your Bluetooth speaker will go into “Safe Mode”. Press and hold the “Volume Down” button while pressing and holding the “Power” button. Your Bluetooth speaker will now display a “Restart” screen. Restart your Bluetooth speaker and try pairing again. Hope! the issue will be solved.
Note: Case 1 and Case 2 are two different methods for different speakers. The method may vary from speaker to speaker. For this, look at the user manual or simply google by typing your device model.
Method 5. Bluetooth Enabled Devices App
This is a handy tool that is available on Android and iOS. It helps you to locate your Bluetooth-enabled devices. You can easily scan for nearby devices and can easily connect to them by just tapping a button. It’s a good idea to install this app to help you make your Bluetooth speaker discoverable.
Method 6. Find a different Bluetooth device
The last method is a little tricky. If you can’t get your Bluetooth speaker to discover the devices around you, then it’s best to find another Bluetooth speaker. It may be better to look for a Bluetooth speaker which is more powerful as you’ll need that type of Bluetooth speaker if you want your music to sound clear and loud. Another thing to consider is whether your mobile device is compatible with the Bluetooth speaker you are using. The good thing is that you can also use your Bluetooth speaker for phone calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bluetooth Technology?
It is a short-range wireless technology that allows you to connect two or more devices together without any wires. Bluetooth uses2.4 GHz radiofrequency. And, it enables you to make a wireless connection between two or more devices like mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and many more.
It was first used to connect phones and computers in a way that no wires are required. Nowadays, it is widely used for connecting a variety of gadgets such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, wearable devices, etc.
Bluetooth enables you to wirelessly connect and transfer data with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. It allows you to make use of your phone or laptop without the need to have a cable or a wire connected between the two devices. The range of the Bluetooth technology varies according to the version you are using.
What are Bluetooth Speakers?
A speaker is a piece of hardware that you place on a table or desk. And, it is used to play music through loudspeakers. Well, the speaker in question is actually a Bluetooth speaker. It is connected to your phone via Bluetooth technology. So, once you connect it with your smartphone or tablet, you can use the speaker to play music on your device.
However, you can connect your Bluetooth speaker with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. For instance, you can connect it to your headphones or TV. So, your speakers can double up as a Bluetooth-enabled speaker and an audio device. This is really great.
Why do you need a Bluetooth speaker?
Here are some of the best features of Bluetooth Speaker that push you to buy one for your home.
You can easily take your Bluetooth speaker with you anywhere you go. This way, you can listen to music even when you are out and about. You don’t have to worry about cables getting in the way. Also, you do not have to keep your phone or tablet with you to enjoy your music.
This allows you to connect to other Bluetooth-enabled gadgets easily. There are no complicated settings to deal with. The connection is very simple and hassle-free. And, you will get excellent sound quality without any interference.
Bluetooth speakers are usually quite sturdy. They are made with a durable material that ensures they can withstand frequent use. Therefore, you can use it for a long time without worrying about it. Also, the battery life is excellent. It can easily last for days even if you use it often.
It has a very long range. Usually, a speaker will have a range of about 10 meters. This is great if you are working from home or you are in a hotel. You can easily connect your speaker with your phone or laptop and use it for work without bothering about the range.
The battery life of these devices is usually pretty good. They are not very expensive.
As I have said earlier, most Bluetooth speakers are discoverable by default, so it won’t require too much of your time. However, if you have any sort of trouble with your Bluetooth-enabled device, you can do so by doing what I have mentioned above. This will enable you to make a connection between two devices that are using Bluetooth technology. There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a Bluetooth speaker. Therefore, it is important to research a bit before making your final decision. Check whether it is compatible with your phone or other devices you are using. Also, it is important to look at the battery life, portability, durability, price, and many more factors. In short, you should choose a speaker that fits your needs and can be easily discoverable to other devices.
My name is Sehba Khan, the author of Smart Home Flix. I’m a software engineer by day and a writer by night. As an author, I am responsible for my work and its quality. I have a passion for writing and making people read my work. I’m a home automation expert and I’ve been writing about smart home products for a few years now. I love to share my knowledge with others and help them solve problems. I love sharing the things that I have learned from my experience.